Spreadsheets help us to organize our data. It is an easy way to store the data. You can add formulas that will help you to do your business calculations. You can also create pie charts and graphs for any analysis. Spreadsheets contain a huge amount of space to store data. In this guide, we are mentioning a piece of brief information about spreadsheets and its various functions and features.
Nitro Office is a software that contains numerous useful tools like a Writer, Calc, Impress, and many more. All these tools can help you in making word documents, slides, PDF, and sheets. It turns out to be very helpful to its users.
Nitro Office Calc has various tools that can enhance your work experience. It makes your spreadsheet look more formal and attractive. The Nitro Office contains built-in templates to enhance work efficiency. It has the feature of cell formatting and styling methods.
Calc is a component of the Nitro office. The main window of calc has many other components. You can easily edit and save Excel spreadsheets using calc.
- Title bar
- Menu bar
- Formula bar
- Status bar
Autocorrect options using calc
Calc automatically does many corrections and changes while we are entering the data. You can also deactivate the autocorrect options.
Replace: It automatically replaces some words that seem to be incorrect.
Exceptions: You can specify some content that you don’t want Calc to correct.
Inserting a sheet
Select the add sheet icon. It is present at the bottom of the screen. This helps you to add the sheet without opening the insert sheet dialog box. If you want to add a new sheet at a specific position follow these steps:
- Select the sheet where you want to add the new sheet.
- Then, go to the menu bar.
- Click on the sheet.
- Now, select the insert sheet option.
- Right-click on the sheet tab after which you want to add the new sheet.
- Select the insert sheet option.
You can also add more than one sheet by specifying the number of sheets to be added.
Hiding and showing sheets
Many times, we want to hide some data or a full sheet of a spreadsheet. To do this, select the sheet and right-click. This will open the context menu dialog box. Select the Hide sheet option from the options. Now if you again want to see the hidden content right click on the sheet tab and then click on the Show sheet option.
A list of all hidden sheets appears on the screen. Select the sheet that you want to see. It increases the security of your database. The data that you don’t want anyone to edit can be hidden easily in a spreadsheet.
Move and copy a sheet
If you want to move, or copy a single sheet within the same spreadsheet, you can use the move/copy sheet dialog box or use the drag and drop option. To move or copy a sheet into a different spreadsheet, you have to use only the move/copy sheet dialog box.
Using a dialog box to move/copy a sheet:
Follow these steps to move or copy a sheet at a specific position by using a dialog box.
- “Right-click” on the tab of the sheet, which you want to copy or move.
- Select the move option to move the sheet.
- Select the copy option to copy the sheet.
- Now, select the spreadsheet where you want to add the sheet that is selected.
- Select the position by using the insert before the option.
- Type a new name if you want to rename the sheet.
Deleting a sheet
To delete a sheet, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the sheet tab.
- The context menu dialog box appears.
- Select the Delete Sheet option.
- Click on yes.
- This will delete your sheet.
Renaming a sheet
By default, every sheet has a name in the format of Sheet X where ‘X’ is any number. This number signifies the serial number of the next sheet to be added.
To rename a sheet follow these steps:
- Type the new name for the sheet in the name text box.
- The name text box is present when you use the insert sheet dialog box to insert a sheet.
- Right-click on the sheet tab.
- Select the rename sheet option.
- Now, double-click on the sheet tab.
- This will open the rename sheet dialog box.
These are some basic functions and options of a spreadsheet. In this article, we have tried to explain how you can work with components and features of a sheet.